1. The Child’s Vision raffle is a ‘society lottery’ and is operated by Child’s Vision Charity.
2. Child’s Vision (the promoter) is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 01705 This lottery is subject to the laws of England, Wales and Scotland and run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
3. All proceeds from this raffle go to Child’s Vision Children’s Charity (Registered office address:
Child’s Vision, Registered Charity: 1175345. Floor 1, Room 5, GHL House, 12-14 Albion Place, Maidstone, Kent. ME14 5DZ. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07561 426203).
4. Child’s Vision Prize Draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
5. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to enter a society lottery. Child’s Vision has determined that the minimum age that has been established for players to participate in this lottery is 18. By submitting your request, you confirm that:
a) you are 18 years of age or over. b) you are a resident of Great Britain. c) you will not buy or purport to buy an entry to the raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18. d) you will provide the promoter with accurate entry information, and you accept that it is your responsibility to keep the promoter informed of any changes as soon as they arise and in any event before the raffle is drawn. e) you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate, to the promoter’s satisfaction, your representations under paragraphs 4(a), (b) and (c) above are both factual and correct.
5.1 Selling tickets on behalf of Child’s Vision: To sell tickets on behalf of Child’s Vision, you must confirm that you are 18 years of age or over and a resident of the UK. Additionally, you agree not to purchase or claim entry to the raffle for anyone under the age of 18. You are responsible for providing accurate entry information to the promoter and must promptly notify them of any changes before the raffle is drawn. If you are unable to substantiate your representations as true and correct, you will not be eligible to receive any prizes. Please carefully review and acknowledge these conditions before proceeding with the raffle.
6. The promoter reserves the right to carry out any checks which it deems necessary to confirm age eligibility for entry into any raffle draw.
7. Any person found to be under 18 years of age who has entered the raffle will be excluded from future entries and any monies paid over by them will be returned and, if applicable, any prizes won will be withheld. ENTERING THE RAFFLE
8. Participants in the Child’s Vision Charity Raffle 2023 (the raffle) whose paid entries are received by 9th July 2023 will be entered into a draw to win. 15 x Prizes to be won in total:
1. 1st Prize: 1 night stay in a B & B in Margate
2. 2nd Prize: Brand New Charcoal kettle BBQ
3. 3rd Prize: Large food and household Hamper
9. The cost of each entry into the raffle is £1. Players can purchase up to a maximum of 50 tickets. Once a raffle ticket has been purchased it is not possible to cancel the entry into the raffle nor is it possible to refund the cost of the ticket(s). By entering the Child’s Vision Charity Raffle 2023, entrants may be asked to provide a photo and quote about their win, and for the Promoter to use their photo and quote on promotional material relating to the Raffle and related activities.
Entrants agree to provide their title, surname, and home county in relation to being a winner of the Raffle on the Promoter’s website only at www.childsvision.co.uk The publication of these details on promotional materials relating to the Raffle and related activities is optional.
10. To enter the raffle, players must purchase one or more raffle tickets. Each ticket is unique and has a serial number. This serial number is used to determine the winner. Due to changes initiated by the Gambling Commission, it is not possible to pay for any online or telephone entry into Child’s Vision Charity Raffle 2023 or any Raffle utilising a Credit Card.
11. All ticket stubs must be returned as instructed by the closing date (9th July 2023) to enter the raffle. The closing date and the raffle draw date are clearly displayed on each raffle ticket.
12. All players should retain the tickets themselves, as the information written on them is important and players may be asked to show the tickets as proof of entry if a query were to arise following the raffle draw taking place.
13. By entering any of the raffles every player is agreeing to abide by the above terms and conditions of the raffle. PRIZE DELIVERY
14. All late entries received after the closing date will be voided and the monies received for these entries will be treated as a cash donation to Child’s Vision. Child’s Vision will not be held responsible for any lost, late, or incorrectly formatted entries.
15. All ticket stubs will be held securely until the date of the draw (9th July 2023). Winning tickets will be determined by an independent verifier selecting random tickets. The order of determination of the winning tickets will determine the order of prizes allocated i.e., the first ticket drawn wins the first prize and so on. Please note that this is not a ‘fixed odds’ raffle. For full details, the % of proceeds raised and declared as profit from our lottery in 2023 by Child’s Vision email email@example.com
16. The decision Child’s Vision regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
17. Child’s Vision reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
18. Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of the draw.
19. By entering the raffle, entrants also agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and county or town will be published on the website.
20. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Child’s Vision, Floor 1, Room 5, GHL House, 12-14 Albion Place, Maidstone, Kent. ME14 5DZ within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
21. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Child’s Vision reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Child’s Vision control makes it necessary to do so.
22. The winners are responsible for collecting the prize(s) from the Maidstone office.
23. Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be used to fund Child’s Vision vital work.
24. The promoter accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any prizes.
25. Child’s Vision employees who have direct involvement with lottery or raffle products are excluded from playing the raffle.
26. The promoter will comply with any relevant data protection legislation (GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018) to protect your personal data for the purposes of administering your participation in the raffle and communicating with you about the raffle. The promoter will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise indicated by you, the promoter may occasionally send you information to keep you up to date with the work that your contributions help fund and other ways in which you can support the promoter. COMPLAINTS
27. All complaints and disputes relating to the raffle will be dealt with by the promoter in accordance with the promoter’s complaints and disputes policy and procedure.
28. The promoter will hold all customer funds, as defined by the Gambling Commission, in a segregated bank account with trust status to protect them against the insolvency of the promoter. This is considered a ‘medium’ level of protection by the Gambling Commission. Customer funds include raffle prize funds (if cash were a prize) that have been allocated but not yet paid to the winner. PROMOTER RIGHTS
29. The promoter has the right to change or update the raffle rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. The promoter will update this page to reflect any changes.
30. The promoter reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the raffle. This decision shall be final and binding.
31. The promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle entries, communications or prizes which are lost, stolen, or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible or for raffle entries from which the prize winner cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.