Contacting 999 In the Relay UK App
When using the Relay UK app to contact emergency services, follow these steps:
1. In the Relay UK app, tap the 999 button and confirm to make an emergency call or call 18000 on your phone’s dialer.
2. Click ‘Join’ in the app window when prompted.
3. You’ll connect to 999 and a Relay Assistant.
4. Tell them which service you need and follow their replies in the app’s conversation window.
5. The 999 Operator will connect you to the appropriate emergency service.
What to Put in Your Text (Emergency SMS & Relay UK App)
When texting in an emergency, provide the following information:
The service you need: ambulance, police, fire, or coastguard.
Details about the emergency.
The precise location, including the road name, town, house number, landmarks, or main roads.
Remember, don’t assume your message has been delivered until you receive a reply, which may take a couple of minutes. If you don’t get a response, call 18000 (if possible), or ask someone to call 999 on your behalf.
Supporting Victims of Domestic Abuse
At Childs Vision, we are dedicated to helping those who have witnessed or been affected by domestic abuse. The Relay UK app is an incredible resource that may act as your lifeline when you’re in need. Don’t hesitate to download and register your device today, knowing that you’re prepared and supported, no matter the circumstances. Your safety and well-being are our top priorities.